[mythtv-users] Zotac ZBOX ID86 unable to boot from SD card

Brian S inanimatecrbnrod at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 7 15:49:51 UTC 2015

On 12/31/2014 04:32 PM, Don Wooton wrote:
> I have found that the geometry of the SD matters much more to the
> BIOS than it does to Linux.  You may have to adjust the expert
> mode values in fdisk or try -c=dos    The man page for fdisk
> discusses this.
>
>      - Don

Thanks for the response.

After much tinkering with the SD card and other SD cards and myriad
other ideas that aren't probably interesting enough to discuss here, I
gave in and e-mailed Zotac & their response was the card reader will not
work as bootable on the ID86. Which I suppose would have been nice to
know up front, but fortunately I realized I had a spare SSD laying
around anyway.

For anyone wondering, the ID86 so far works really well - only quibbles
are it's a teensy bit laggy on the Watch Recordings screen, and I
haven't figured out how to turn off the ridiculously bright blue LED on
the front of the machine (not the stupid blue ring, that I got turned
off right away).