[mythtv-users] Failed to scan SG video hosts

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 09:40:14 UTC 2015

Sorry, I know similar posts have been made on this in the past, but some
went unresolved and others I'm nervous about as it requires manually
deleting mythconverg records.

When I scan for new videos in Mythfrontend (0.27) > Media Library > Watch
Videos I get a message saying "Failed to scan SG video hosts" followed by
the name of two old Mythbackends which have since been replaced and
renamed. I _think_ I can solve this in MySQL by deleting all the records
from videometadata table where host = <old host name>. Is this safe?

I've also noticed that I have entries in storagegroup table for the old
host names. Is it safe to just delete these in MySQL or should I only do it
through mythtv-setup where I believe you can delete each Storage Group one
by one?

Regards,
Phill