[mythtv-users] Can't enable mythweb password authentication

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 02:18:34 UTC 2015

So I followed these instructions (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Securing_MythWeb), changed my mythweb.conf file,
then generated the password file and restart apache, but it still doesn't
prompt me for a password in the browser.  I don't know how debug it
further, nothing interesting in the logfiles.  Apache version
*httpd*-2.4.10-1.fc20.x86_64.
Anything obvious that I am missing?

I uncommented the following lines in the /etc/httpd/conf/mythweb.conf file.
        AuthType           Digest
        AuthName           "MythWeb"
        AuthUserFile       /etc/httpd/conf.d/mythweb-htdigest
        Require            valid-user
        BrowserMatch       "MSIE"      AuthDigestEnableQueryStringHack=On
        Order              allow,deny
        Satisfy            any