[mythtv-users] Imported CDs & Metadata - Did I Take a Wrong Turn?

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Jan 4 10:20:57 UTC 2015

On 04/01/15 01:11, jim wrote:
> I have finally started importing my CDs into MythTV. Each CD is stored
> into a folder structure of Artist/Album/Tracks. After running Scan for
> New Music, Select Music and Play Music work as advertised. One item that
> is missing though is the album cover art. Am I missing a step or some
> configuration choice? Does MythTV gather metadata for CDs like it does
> for TV shows and movies?

Currently MythMusic doesn't gather metadata but it's something
that's slowly being worked on.

If you have a cover art image in the same directory as your tracks
then the file scan should pick that up and make a guess if it is a front
cover, back cover, inlay etc based on the file name of the image.

You can also manually add cover art using the metadata editor. With
a track selected press EDIT (e) to show the metadata editor and press
MENU (m) and choose one of the Search Internet for Images options.
It's not perfect you can't really use it without a mouse but it's all we
have at the moment.

You can find images for Album, Artist and Genre that way. You can also
change the role of the images already found in the Album Art editor.

Paul H.