[mythtv-users] Issues with my HDHomerun: Resource temporarily unavailable

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 18:20:32 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Peter Bennett (cats22) <cats22 at comcast.net>
wrote:

>  On 01/03/2015 05:03 AM, Ian Evans wrote:
>
>  On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>   On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 6:52 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>>   Hi Peter,
>>>
>>>  As stated in my original message, it's an HDHR3 not a Prime.
>>>

>>   Looking at the logs I see I do have some random lines of:
>>
>> HDHRStreamHandler recorders/dtvsignalmonitor.cpp:360 (HandlePMT)
>> DTVSigMon[3](10305A8C-1): Wrong PMT; pmt->pn(3) desired(4)
>>
>>  Not as many as the "Resource temporarily unavailable" lines but still
>> something.
>>
>>  Should I delete my transports/capture cards re-add them and rescan?
>> What steps should I take in mythtv-setup to do that.
>>
>>  Thanks.
>>

>  Still can't nail this down. Added the HDHR's MAC to iptables. I've still
> seen random "Resource temporarily unavailable" glitches ending recordings.
> In just the last day I've had successful recording but also several failed
> ones. Happens with both single and double recordings. It'll will be
> recording fine when suddenly all the LED's pop off.
>
>  Begin to think the power adapter must be the first thing to diagnose.
> Any North Americans (especially Canadians) know of a good place to find a
> 5V 1A adapter. I think the tip for the HDHR3 is 2.1 mm.
>

> Did you try looking in the HDHR log (web interface)? I don't know if the
> HDHR has a web interface, but with the Prime that is where I found relevant
> error messages such as watchdog reset.
>

> No, the HDHomerun Dual Gen 3 (HDHR3-US) does not have a  web interface.

A real head scratcher though. Had three recordings from PBS fail this
morning. All about 4-5 minutes, 440mb into the recording. If it was a flaky
power adapter, I wonder if its flakiness would be so precise. :-)

I turned on the diagnostics switch (the one that sends data to Silicondust
for ten days)  a few days ago. Still waiting to hear back from their
support team. I guess the most frustrating thing is that my recordings have
been rock solid for almost four years so the "set it and forget it"
steadiness of Myth is what my DNA expects.