[mythtv-users] Help merging MythGallery feature

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Sat Jan 3 14:58:02 UTC 2015

On Sat, 03 Jan 2015 03:49:14 -0000, Chad Parry <spam at chad.parry.org> wrote:

> I created a pull request more than 6 months ago:
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/75. It drastically improves the
> start-up time for large slide shows. I also have another pull request
> for a separate feature that is blocked on this one. My code conforms to
> the standards and just needs someone to merge it. Can someone please
> accept it? Thanks!

The MythGallery plugin is currently deprecated because it uses the old UI.
The plan is to replace it with the "New Image Gallery" in 0.28 that uses
the new UI as well as Storage Groups and can support a services API. I'm
working on this at the moment but haven't yet finalised a version for
review. Master currently contains a incomplete version that doesn't work
very well.

Of course, the new Gallery doesn't preclude the continued use of the old
plugin. However,
I notice that some of the old UI has been deprecated so it may not
function if/when that is removed.

A cursory look at your patch suggests that the old plugin took a long time
to generate thumbnails before starting the slideshow. This isn't an issue
with the new design as the thumbnails are pre-generated. I haven't seen
your 2nd pull.
What issues/features does that address ?