[mythtv-users] HDMI-Componet Converter/Decoder

Henk D. Schoneveld belcampo at zonnet.nl
Sat Feb 28 21:12:05 UTC 2015

On 28 Feb 2015, at 19:35, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hoi Henk,
>
> Saturday, February 28, 2015, 7:17:50 PM, you wrote:
>

>> On 28 Feb 2015, at 19:06, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Hoi Dave,

PAL is 720x576 displayed as 768x576 in 4:3 format and 1024x576 in 16:9 format. Both have their origin in 720 pixels.
720 pixels are displayed over an area that occupies 768 or 1024 pixels, so the pixels have more width than height, non-square.
A VGA interface, like that from a computer only has square pixel formats.
I think the SCART to VGA conversion looses the non-square information and for that reason you’re getting what you get.