[mythtv-users] HDMI-Componet Converter/Decoder

Gordon McCrae gordon.mccrae at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 17:32:37 UTC 2015

On 28/02/15 17:19, Dave Pearson (Lists) wrote:
> [...]
And what does it (the mediainfo output) look like after you run it
through ffmpeg? Don't use mediainfo myself so can't really comment,

I notice you're dealing with MPEG-TS, I always transcode away from this,
don't know if that might be part of the issue.

What if you transcode the original file to MP4 for example? I always
transcode my recorded TV, if nothing else because it'll be smaller.

The other option is having your video player redo the aspect ratio on
playback, I actually have loads of old videos in 4:3, but MythFrontend
is configured to always show in 16:9, ignoring the file's value, also
mplayer is set to do the same by using "-aspect 16:9". Is Plex not able
to do this?

Cheers
Gordon