[mythtv-users] Commercial Removal

Michael Wisniewski mikewiz38 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 13:00:39 UTC 2015

I'm attempting to remove commercials from a recorded mpeg format, but
unfortunately, it isn't working.  I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong,
but it would be helpful to get feedback.

- In Mythtv-Setup -> Recording Profiles -> Transcoders -> "Commercial
Removal".  I just created the "Commercial Removal" profile and said
"Lossless Transcoding".
- In mythweb, I scheduled a recording and chose "Commercial Removal" for
the transcoder and "auto-transcode".

I posted my mythbackend log file here:

http://pastebin.com/5L0sWFrU

As you can see, around line 41, the transcoding job starts.  When I "direct
download" the file through mythweb, the commercials are still in there.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?  This is the first time I'm setting it
up, so I'm guessing there's something else that I'm missing.

Thanks!