[mythtv-users] HDMI-Componet Converter/Decoder

Dave Pearson (Lists) lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Sat Feb 28 09:32:49 UTC 2015

I've just installed an HD-PVR  in my mythtv system. It's connected to a Virgin V-Plus box via S-Video and I'm only able to record in 4:3 Aspect Ratio, even though the source material is 16:9.

Because of this, I think I have to bite the bullet and get an HDMI-Component Converter box. Has anyone any experience of using one of these:

Liqoo HDMI to Ypbpr Component AV to VGA SPDIF Converter Adapter R / L 1080P

The HDFury2 seems to be very expensive in comparison.

I'd also welcome recommendations for any other devices that people are using and having success with.

Regards,

Dave