[mythtv-users] ECS LIVA Frontend

Phil Wild phil at holobyte.com.au
Fri Feb 27 18:16:46 UTC 2015

On 28 February 2015 at 00:02, Dave MythTV <dave.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 3:01 PM, Calvin Dodge <caldodge at gmail.com> wrote:

I would recommend looking at your budget before purchasing if you want
a high quality output. I am in Australia and most of our free-to-air
content is standard definition (unfortunately). The ECS Liva does not
upscale this content very well (you get jaggies). I've also found that
my audio drifted quite noticeably from the video signal when using
audio over HDMI.

If you, or your family watches LiveTV, there is a VAAPI bug that stops
the output stream being de-interlaced at program transitions. I'm
fairly certain I've seen this happen at ad transitions as well. You
can fix by exiting and restarting the stream but it is annoying when
it happens. Mine is on an outdoor TV that does not get used much and
so I've not spent a lot of time trying to find a resolution to what
I've experienced.

If I were to purchase again, I'd look for a cheap integrated atom
motherboard with a PCI-E slot and add a $50 nvidia card to it.