[mythtv-users] Live Video stutter in EPG

Michael Wisniewski mikewiz38 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 18:01:17 UTC 2015

I saw a posting awhile ago about live TV stuttering when browsing the
program guide, especially when hitting the down arrow to scroll to the next
item (or page down).  I currently have this problem on my frontend and I'm
trying to get it resolved.

I followed the wiki page on editing the mysql database server to optimize
it, which I did.  It helped out, but there's still a blip every now and
then when in the guide.

I have an ION2 using VDPAU as my frontend and my backend (and mysql server)
is a virtual server with a gig of RAM and it's sitting on a SSD drive.

I'm looking at getting another box because I'm just using the frontend as a
test for now.  Would getting an i3 processor fix this, or is it really a
backend issue?  Can you cache the guide data to the frontend box?

Thanks!