[mythtv-users] ECS LIVA Frontend

Michael Wisniewski mikewiz38 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 16:53:05 UTC 2015

A few months ago, there was some talk about using the ECS Liva as a mythtv
frontend.  I was wondering how it is working out for you.  Some questions
in particular:

- Is there a page setup for a 'best practices' on how to get it up and
running?
- Is it an x64 processor?
- Have there been any hiccups with playing mpeg2 files and h264 through
mythtv?
- Is the programming guide or anything else slow?

Long time myth user from awhile ago and moved to xbmc/Kodi.  The PVR
function works, but it's not as nice and user friendly as the mythtv
frontend.  I'd like to keep a kodi box and get a cheap myth frontend box.
Spending a hundred some bucks on the liva is pretty cost effective.

Thanks!