[mythtv-users] UPS with mythbuntu

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Feb 24 23:08:09 UTC 2015

On 24/02/15 22:07, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 4:56 PM, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:
>> If it's a cable feed (or similar) with decoder etc, then same things applies - if you power your kit off the UPS it will still work if the supplier's end is still running.
>
> And the falling tree that just took out your power line missed the
> cable running two feet below it...

They only do crazy things like that in the US. I couldn't believe the junk I saw
strung up on the poles over there.

In the UK, almost everything is underground except high-voltage distribution
lines, usually across rural areas. Some telephone lines are also still on poles,
but only one or two from a distribution point to the house roofline.

Most phone lines are below ground, as are all cable lines.

--

Mike Perkins