[mythtv-users] UPS with mythbuntu

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 21:08:54 UTC 2015

Hoi UB40D,

> On 24 February 2015 at 20:51, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hoi UB40D,
>>
>> Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 9:43:13 PM, you wrote:
>>
>> > So, when I configure the ubuntu package or whatever, will it just send a
>> > "shutdown -h now" by itself or do I have to tell it to issue a softer
>> > command? If myth is in the middle of recording, say, will shutdown -h now
>> > mess up anything?
>>
>> > And yes, I'd have the bios on "last state" so when the power comes back
>> on
>> > it has a chance to record more stuff.
>>
>> If power is off, your recording probably already is messed up. No
>> signal any longer= ;(
>>

> I may be dumb but not that dumb ;-)

> What I meant is: if I shutdown -r in the middle of the recording, will the
> database be in a mess when I restart or will everything be clean except for
> the fact that the end of that recording is missing?

No, if you for instance reboot in the middle of a recording, you get
your recording cut in two. i.e. it will just pick up where it left
when it comes up again.
The important part is that mysql comes down gently and to a lesser
extend your disk volumes (that all cache is actually written to disk)

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop