[mythtv-users] UPS with mythbuntu

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Feb 24 18:37:20 UTC 2015

On 24/02/15 18:00, Simon Hobson wrote:
> Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> One note: I initially put *everything* on my UPS but discovered it didn't like my laser printer. This is because it pulls too much power on startup.
>
> You aren't the first to find this - though normally if the lights go out, you aren't too worried about printing.

That wasn't the point - when you initially plug everything in and switch on the
power, the UPS complains - and doesn't stop. The printer just takes too heavy a
startup load. The same would happen after an outage.

I just moved the printer to a normal socket. I can live without a printer when
everything comes back, even if it means having to sort out a part-printed sheet
of paper.

--

Mike Perkins