[mythtv-users] UPS with mythbuntu

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 15:09:57 UTC 2015

Hoi UB40D,

> I recently had a few power outages and the last one caused a database
> corruption that was sufficiently annoying to repair that I just got myself
> a UPS.

> The maker's web site offers a linux version of their software, with control
> panel etc.
> http://www.cpsww.eu/support/product_support.htm?countrytabs=2

> Should I be using that, or is there a canonical way to integrate a UPS into
> mythbuntu that I should be following instead? The box is a fully dedicated
> myth appliance so I'm not actually interested in the control panel.

> All I want is basically, when there is a power cut, for the system to shut
> down properly, whatever it's doing. OK to miss some recordings, obviously,
> and even OK to lose the ones that were maybe recording at the time, but not
> ok to fuck up the database or other crucial bits such that the box doesn't
> come up properly when the power is back on.

> Thanks

I have never encountered anything like this in Mythtv. But I don´t
think it is relevant. All that is needed is for the ups to know what
command to send to the box to shutdown (usb/net-address and os).
Probably it will run a service on the machine you wont notice unless
there is a powercut. So ones you have set that up you can ignore the
panel.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven