[mythtv-users] find_orphans.py tries to connect to invalid host

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Feb 23 13:50:40 UTC 2015

On 2/22/15 5:40 AM, Robin Gilks wrote:
> What is particularly odd is that the IP address 192.168.1.33 was assigned
> to my very first *front*end but hasn't been in use for some 3-4 years so
> why is is the script try to connect to it?
>
> The backend is on 192.168.1.10 but I can't find anything on the system
> that actually defines that (config.xml defines the database *NOT* the
> backend address).
If you do not give a host name or IP address on the commandline to the
script, it looks in the "settings" table for BackendServerIP and takes
the first value it finds there. I suspect that there is still an old
value there for your first (now unused) frontend. You can either delete
everything form settings that contains this old hostname, or pass the
correct name or IP address of the backend on the commandline to the script.