[mythtv-users] Gentoo mythbackend setup and logging

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 17:28:25 UTC 2015

On 02/21/2015 11:10 AM, Karl Newman wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 1:49 AM, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> On 21/02/15 04:56, david brooke wrote:
>>> 4. You'll also need to check that the "networking" feature of MySQL is
>>> turned on. Check that /etc/mysql/my.cnf does not contain skip-networking.
>>> If it does, either remove that line or comment it out. Also verify that
>>> bind-address is set to your IP address instead of 127.0.0.1. If you change
>>> either of these items, restart MySQL.

I would check the /etc/mysql/my.cnf file and see if it has a line
like this:

     !includedir /etc/mysql/conf.d

probably at the end of the file. If so, then make any changes to
the configuration in a file under conf.d. Call the file there
anything you like but it must end in .cnf. As an example:

     [mysqld]
     bind-address=::
     max_connections = 100

In the *buntu world, the package maintainer may change the my.cnf
file and even though users are given a prompt, sometimes it's
missed/ignored and local changes vanish. Maybe not true for Gentoo.

--
Bill