[mythtv-users] recommendations?: energy efficient FE/BE system

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 11:16:23 UTC 2015

I have an FM2 processor and the AM1's appear to have similar video hw.
     My fm2 does appear to do most of the hard work in the GPU.      I
have an old nvidia ion, an ecs liva, and a fm2 combined FE/BE.     The
FM2 is nice as the full sized board has 8 AMD supplied sata ports that
appear to work flawlessly.     With a high grade green power supply
mine does not appear to be that power hungry.   And the cpus are
powerful enough that I can also transcode things to codec's that use
considerably space.