[mythtv-users] HDHR4-2US can't record using both tuners

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Fri Feb 20 13:11:20 UTC 2015

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 10:46 PM, Min Idzelis <min123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi. I have the newest HDHR4-2US which has 2 tuners. I am having trouble
> getting it to record on two tuners.
>
> I had to setup the card manually, it was not auto-detected during setup.
> "mythhdhomerun_config discover" also can't find it.
>
> Thats fine. I entered the ip address and then used 0 for on one "card" and
> then added another card with same ip, and used 1 for tuner.

If the HDHR is not found in this way, is the HDHR on the same subnet as the
Mythtv Backend?  It should be seen automatically in mythtv-setup.

Try this.  In mythtv-setup for the tuner, instead of entering the manual IP
address in Available Devices, change that box to read something like
13100674-0 where the first part of that number will be unique for your HDHR.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Silicondust_HDHomeRun_Prime  See the fourth
image in the section below labeled "Illustrated Guide (Master/.25)."

Then, for the next tuner, select the link that looks like 13100674-1.

I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't enter the IP address.  I'm not sure why
that option is there.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what is going on and someone else will have to
chime in.

I hope that helps!
Jerry