[mythtv-users] Possible to have duplicate (but slightly-different) schedulesdirect lineup?

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Thu Feb 19 14:44:35 UTC 2015

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 5:39 AM, Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I recently acquired an hdhomerun prime box.   So now not only do I have
> my regular cable box lineup (which includes encrypted premium channels),
> but I also have an additional 3 tuners that have the same channel lineup
> but do *not* include the premium channels.
>
> The scenario that I'm in now is that all 4 tuners use the same
> schedulesdirect lineup.   However, I'd like to avoid the situation where
> mythtv attempts to use one of the hdhomerun tuners to record an
> encrypted channel.
>
> Oddly, schedulesdirect does not appear to allow duplication of an
> existing lineup (and then deselection of the unsupported channels).
> Once a source has been selected for a lineup, it is grayed out and
> unavailable for selection for a new lineup.  Which makes it seem like
> I'd have to do the channel pruning on the MythTV side.   However, it
> appears that the channel lineups on mythtv are edited on a
> per-schedulesdirect-lineup basis, as opposed to a per-tuner basis.
>
> My current workaround is to go to recording schedules for shows on a
> premium channel and explicitly select the HD-PVR source.  But I'd like
> for this to all be automatic.   Is there a way?   Even if it requires
> monkeying with the mythconverg database manually, I'd be OK with that.
>
> The way I do it is to use a lineup from a neighboring city to distinguish
channels between my STB and DTA. The channels are identical, at least for
all the channels I care about. I can't find the link right now but I
believe the recommended way (which is probably best for you since you have
only a few channels that differ) is to create a second video source which
points to the same SchedulesDirect lineup, then use the channel editor (in
mythtv-setup or mythweb) to mark the unavailable channels as not visible in
the second source. Then use the input connections to link your HDHR Prime
tuners to the new video source. I do wish SchedulesDirect would allow
duplicate lineups with customized visibility instead of having to re-mark
them in Myth any time you delete+recreate them (which is admittedly rare
now).

Karl