[mythtv-users] Video is XXXX frames ahead of audio...

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 20:24:23 UTC 2015

Some googling found quite a few list mails from 2010/2011 but I cursory
skim didn't seem to be informative.

This is on a AMD quad core laptop with ATI 7640G graphics using the FOSS
video drivers.

Playback has never been perfect but it was perfectly watchable until a few
months ago, now it pauses constantly on almost any recording (all HDHR or
HDHR Prime based).

I've tried changing the playback profile to "Slim" with no real
improvement. I also tried changing the audio from ALSA:Default to
ALSA:front... just in case it was trying to use Pulseaudio to no avail.

Any hints as to what's changed? It could very well be kernel, X or anything
else related but I have to start somewhere.

Thanks,
Richard