[mythtv-users] s2-3600 problems upgrading to Ubuntu trusty HWE

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Feb 15 18:52:45 UTC 2015

On 15/02/15 18:26, Kai T. Hillmann wrote:
> Am 15.02.2015 um 18:54 schrieb John Pilkington:

>>> Sorry; it's called dtv_multiplex and is intended to be initialised by
>>> the Transport Editor.
>>
>> ... and perhaps I should have added this link, which is all dvb-t
>> related but may, I suspect, be similar.  I've often had to try slightly
>> different approaches to get reliable operation.
>>
>> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10217
>
> Thank you for the pointer - looks interesting...
>
> Actually i can't test any longer for the next few days as i had to
> switch my kernel back to the working 3.8 version because i need the
> missing transponder - today i've tested with newer/older kernel versions
> and it points out that the kernel 3.2 from ubuntu 12.04 does not work,
> 3.8 does work, 3.13 does not work and a mainline 3.19 does not work
> either ... really strange because that shouldn't make any difference on
> the dtv_multiplex table or should it make a difference? (all kernel
> changes today without a new channel scan)
>
> I'm actually not sure whether it would be an good idea to test the 0.28
> git version of mythtv to check whether the problems are still there...

I've had difficulties in getting cards recognised by specific kernels
recently, but once an 'adapter' *has* been recognised I would naively
expect any client to be able to use it.  Maybe not.

Usually the kernel problem seems to have been in getting firmware or
kernel modules loaded. Try   "dmesg | grep 'registering adapter'"