[mythtv-users] s2-3600 problems upgrading to Ubuntu trusty HWE

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 17:00:31 UTC 2015

Hoi Kai,

> Am 11.02.2015 um 17:08 schrieb Hika van den Hoven:
>> Hoi Kai,
>>
>> Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 4:35:27 PM, you wrote:

>>> I tried this - result is here : http://pastebin.com/jh2by1aq but i'm
>>> actually not sure how to interpret the entries..
>>
>>> I found out that the transport id, network id and service id are the
>>> same used in kaffeine.

>>> I'm not sure whether this can be done but as i also tried to set up a
>>> completely new system as mentioned (mythbuntu 14.04.1) with a completely
>>> new dvb-s channel scan, this doesn't seem to fix the problem.
>>
>>> Any ideas?

>> As I interpret the log, it tunes OK. So there is a problem later.
>> Since you have upgraded your kernel, so also the driver I suggest
>> looking there. Look if there are issues with this driver at
>> http://linuxtv.org and see if you can find another version maybe.

> As far as I know the driver shouldn't be the problem when kaffeine still
> works for all transponders with the new driver...

That's not automatically said. Maybe kaffeine is more easygoing or is
not using the exact same features?...
Anyhow the things that as I understand have changed are the kernel
and the driver. Maybe it is a bug in mythtv that has come up due to
changes in the driver?

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven