[mythtv-users] Parental Controls -- Time of Viewing

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 15:46:44 UTC 2015

All:

I've searched the wiki and the archives, but I can't seem to find how to
accomplish my goal.  My goal is to prohibit viewing of recorded programs
and videos during certain hours.  My problem is my son is waking up early
(about 4:00 a.m.) and has discovered he can watch MythTV.

AFAICT, the parental controls available simply limit which recording groups
can be watched by kids (or without a pin).  There doesn't seem to be any
ability to prohibit viewing during certain hours.  Am I missing something?

If this capability isn't available, I'm assuming it would be reasonably
easy to modify playbackbox.cpp so that when launching the player it can
check the local time and return if it is within a prohibited period.  Is
this the correct file to look in?

I'm on 27.4-2 from RPMFusion.and Fedora 21 x86_64.

Thanks,

George