[mythtv-users] s2-3600 problems upgrading to Ubuntu trusty HWE

Kai T. Hillmann info at kaih.de
Wed Feb 11 15:35:27 UTC 2015

Hello John,

Am 11.02.2015 um 15:30 schrieb John Pilkington:
> On 11/02/15 13:39, Kai T. Hillmann wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> first of all i've been using mythtv for a long time now (+5 years) and i
>> really appreciate this great piece of software and want to thank the
>> developers a lot for their great work!
>>
>> Actually i've got some issues when upgrading from kernel 3.8 (ubuntu
>> 12.04) to kernel 3.13 (newer HWE as 3.8 is deprecated) with my two dvb
>> s2-3600 cards. Weird thing here is that tuning some channels which
>> previously worked can not be tuned any longer with an error:
>>

>> Feb 11 13:46:26 hostname mythbackend: mythbackend[2929]: W TVRecEvent
>> recorders/dvbsignalmonitor.cpp:97 (DVBSignalMonitor)
>> DVBSigMon[1](/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0): Cannot count Uncorrected
>> Blocks#012#011#011#011eno: Operation not supported (95)
>>

>> Even more strange is that tuning this channels with kaffeine does work.
>> I'm currently on Ubuntu 12.04 (x64) with mythtv v0.27.4
>> (2:0.27.4+fixes.20150116.3b43903-0ubuntu0mythbuntu1), any ideas?
>>
>> One dvb-s transponder which can not be tuned any longer with mythtv is:
>>
>> Satellit: ASTRA (1L)Orbitalposition: 19,2°
>> OstFrequenz: 12.544 MHz
>> Polarisation: horizontal Transponder: 107
>> Symbolrate: 22.000 Ms/S
>> Fehlerkorrektur (FEC): 5/6
>>
>> A while ago i've tested also installing a complete new version of
>> mythbuntu 14.04.1 to ensure that this is not a problem with my older
>> 12.04 install or any upgrading issue.
>> But sadly this doesn't solve the problems - it remains the same there -
>> tuning this transponder with kaffeine works without any problems -
>> tuning with mythtv fails - so i'm not sure where to search the reasons.
>>
>> I hope that someone has a hint where to look to solve this issue.
>
> You might try issuing 'mythbackend --setverbose none,channel' (with the
> backend already running) and see what the backend log says when you try
> to tune the missing channel.  Since kaffeine works and myth doesn't it
> seems likely that some of the stream parameters aren't set in the myth db.
>
> Afterwards, 'mythbackend --setverbose general'

I tried this - result is here : http://pastebin.com/jh2by1aq but i'm
actually not sure how to interpret the entries..

I found out that the transport id, network id and service id are the
same used in kaffeine.

> I don't run dvb-s; does the mythtvsetup 'channels' section have
> something that allows you to rescan a single transponder?

I'm not sure whether this can be done but as i also tried to set up a
completely new system as mentioned (mythbuntu 14.04.1) with a completely
new dvb-s channel scan, this doesn't seem to fix the problem.

Any ideas?