[mythtv-users] asus memo pad 7

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Feb 10 22:17:47 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 3:56 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> Maybe it's just because I am old and my eyes are going.  But SD for most
> of what I watch is perfectly acceptable and so even software decoding on
> a mobile device is perfectly capable of handling it, so why waste the
> time/money on transcoding?  :-)

It really all comes down to personal taste and that may very well be
affected by the quality of your eyesight among other things.  I've
always been a pixel freak, wanting to push the res up as high as
possible, even at the expense of frame rates when it had to be so.  I
got my first (30Hz) 4K TV at the end of last year, and consider
1080i/p to be the new "SD" baseline below which you really don't want
to go.

The 1440p display on the Note 4 is pretty nice.  Normally I can't see
the pixels, unless I put it in a Google Cardboard, of course, which
makes it look like 1995 again.

Eric