[mythtv-users] asus memo pad 7

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 20:42:23 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 7:49 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> We don't all need 1080p on our phones.

Nope, not everyone needs 1080p (or 720p, or whatever
you want to claim HD is), but almost everyone expects it
to just work.

That SD is good enough for some individuals content
viewing is really great (for them).  And for a lot of what
is on TV, SD may be too good for it.  But if you look
in the "marketplace", it is really hard to find SD only devices
these days (looked for a SD only TV recently?)  Blame
the vendors, blame the hype (bigger is better), but few
are building for the stone knives and bearskins crowd.