[mythtv-users] asus memo pad 7

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Feb 10 20:39:55 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 3:29 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-02-10 at 14:57 -0500, Eric Sharkey wrote:  I
>> strongly recommend transcoding to H.264.
>
> Do you have a few hundred bucks to buy me a new BE that can do it?  :-)
> Because if I could continue to play the native MPEG2 it would cost me
> and you nothing.

But part of my point was that I don't even try do the transcode live.
I have a user job to do it and generally kick it off hours/days/weeks
before I actually get around to watching the recording.  You don't
need a new BE to do that.

> And native SD MPEG2 is just fine here.

I'm having a hard time parsing that sentence.  It seems to involve
"SD" and "fine" without "not".  I don't know what that means.  ;)

Eric