[mythtv-users] asus memo pad 7

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Feb 10 20:29:45 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-02-10 at 14:57 -0500, Eric Sharkey wrote:  I
> strongly recommend transcoding to H.264.

Do you have a few hundred bucks to buy me a new BE that can do it?  :-)
Because if I could continue to play the native MPEG2 it would cost me
and you nothing.

This is exactly the point though.  The H.264 transcode is a useless
option for me that does nothing for me and ends up costing me money to
achieve.  The existing MPEG2 is perfect and costs me nothing because
there is no transcode.

> Exactly.  I need 1440p!  ;)  (Note 4)

And native SD MPEG2 is just fine here.

b.