[mythtv-users] asus memo pad 7

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Feb 10 15:43:20 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-02-10 at 15:15 +0000, Daniel Frey wrote:

> It is currently allows you to watch recordings and most videos that can be
> converted with HLS.

So is HLS transcoding a requirement now?  What if I am in the same
network as the MythTV BE (or have enough upstream bandwidth on my
Internet connection) and have enough bandwidth to stream the native
MPEG2 stream?

The old/existing app gave one the choice to use the native encoding or
to HLS transcode and the former didn't tax my modestly powered (i.e. not
beefy enough for live transcoding) BE with needless transcoding.

Cheers,
b.