[mythtv-users] List of recordings by disc drive -Solved

Mike's JdJ stepsisters at comcast.net
Mon Feb 9 21:20:17 UTC 2015

On 02/09/2015 12:53 AM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 02/08/2015 10:48 PM, Stephen Worthington wrote:

> Here's a script using Python bindings that can probably be adapted
> to print what was requested (for the 1st part.)
>
>      http://pastebin.com/wfpBfQ19

Thanks to Mike, Hika, Stephen, and Bill for the responses.

I ran Bill's report and it had the path/filename in it.  I took
the output and imported into LibreOffice Calc.  I chose fields
for the disc name and the timestamp portion of the file name.  I
then sorted on disc and timestamp.  This gives me a list of
titles chronologically per disc.  Multi-step, but this is a
one-time need.

My goal is to use my newly-developed skills in editing and
transcoding and go after my two 1.8 TeraByte discs that are 98%
full.  My other two 1.8 TB discs are at 66% and 80% full.  The
DBA in me says to start with the oldest file in the fullest disc
first, then reduce the size of the next-oldest file, and so on.
  With 1,883 recordings, this will take a while.

I suspected that the path/file name was not stored when I could
only find the file name in Playback Data on the Back End computer.

The mythlink.pl looks good, but do I understand correctly that
it renames the files?  I've been staying out of SQL and avoiding
changing MythTV as much as possible.  I had an upgrade issue in
2011 and ruined my database and couldn't access my old
recordings.  I deleted the recordings from the discs and started
new.

Thanks again,
Mike