[mythtv-users] LIRC v ir-keytable -- Remote Control

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 14:54:07 UTC 2015

On 09/02/15 15:34, jim wrote:

> Some of the keys, such as volume up, result in a temporary pop-up window
> showing a speaker icon with associated increase in volume, but nothing
> is shown by ir-keytable -t on the command line.

Is it  that the kernel sees your device as a keyboard rather than a
remote? This should be obvious when looking at the dmesg output.

I'm not a ir-keytable guru, but according to the manpage it is strictly
a tool for remote controls. and from the kernel's perspective I guess a
keyboard isn't.

Cheers

--alec