[mythtv-users] Commandline or direct DB update of metadata

Nikolai Lusan nikolai.lusan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 08:38:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am having issues with mythvideo scanning files with '.' characters in
them improperly (it is replacing them with space characters in the
title). The problem is that this is then causing metadata
lookup/retrieval to fail until the files are marked to "Allow Updates"
and the title is manually fixed by editing the title detail (example
file name "./Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H/Season 02/Hulk and the
Agents of S.M.A.S.H s02e07.mkv"). I am looking for a way to either fix
this in the DB directly, or do it from the CLI (this makes things easier
when the only interface to the frontend is an IR remote).

Does anyone have an idea on how I might do this?
--
Nikolai Lusan <nikolai.lusan at gmail.com>