[mythtv-users] List of recordings by disc drive

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Mon Feb 9 03:21:47 UTC 2015

On 9/02/2015 2:11 PM, Mike's JdJ wrote:

> I wonder if someone has already written a MySQL query to extract a
> list of recordings by disc drive?
>
> When I am using Dolphin to manage a device, the file name appears to
> be a channel number plus a time stamp.  Having to play the video for
> minutes to identify the show/movie and episode is tedious.  It would
> be helpful to have a list that I could look up 1382_2012011303000.mpg
> and find that it is Back To The Future IV, or the Simpsons episode
> where Homer becomes intelligent.
>
> The ideal query would extract a file with the:  device, file name, and
> the recording information (series name, episode title...).
>
> I've been reluctant to write my own, as I'm concerned about
> unintentionally modifying the database.
>
> Has anyone done this who would like to share it?  If not, maybe a hint
> about the tables to access and linkage?
>
> Mike
Myth does not store the path in the table with the filename, its stores
the Storage group id with the filename, a lookup of the storage group
gives you the paths of all drives/folders within that storage group,
then you must search each drive/folder for the location, tedious for a
human, and can be somewhat slow even for Myth if the drives are asleep,
as each drive must spin up before Myth can locate the file.

Luckily, someone (whose name is Chris Peterson) has already written a
script, which is most likely to achieve what you want. Mythlink.pl

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythlink.pl