[mythtv-users] Recovering from Disaster, Rebuild Options?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Feb 9 02:36:54 UTC 2015

On Sun, 8 Feb 2015 12:14:35 -0600, you wrote:

>So from a video card perspective am I looking for something like:
>
>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121641  (GeForce
>GT 610)

Probably, yes.  I have not used any of the 600 series cards myself,
but there have been reports here from users that the 610 can do all
that is needed.  The x10 models in previous Nvidia generations were
not capable of the full "advanced 2x" deinterlace required for MythTV,
but apparently the 610 is.

Be aware that, from its profile picture on the newegg site, that card
takes up two slots.  As a PCIe 2.0 card, it should be compatible with
older PCIe slots if that is what your motherboard has.

>Or would something like this even work?
>
>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130880 (GeForce GT
>210)

No, as I said, Nvidia 220 is the minimum card that will do full
deinterlace.  The 210 chipset is not good enough.