[mythtv-users] Pre-shutdown Check Command

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 22:22:36 UTC 2015

On 02/08/2015 03:59 PM, John Massengale wrote:
> Thanks for the response. The machine shuts down without any problems. I
> also use the machine as a desktop and when I'm logged in I don't want the
> machine to shut down. I only want it to shut down when I'm logged out.
>
> The Pre-shutdown Check Command is supposed to keep it from shutting down of
> someone is logged on but it never executes and the machine shuts down
> interrupting what I'm doing.

That suggests that the script is returning 0. So <assuming> that it's the
script in the ACPI Wakeup Wiki then one of these isn't detecting what
you'd expect:

     cat /proc/uptime | awk '{print int($1/60)}'
     pgrep xfce
     who -q | tail -n 1 | sed 's/[a-z #]*=//'

The  commands in my original response would show the return code from
the script. But you could just run it from the command line and then
type: echo $? to see the return code.

To prevent the backend from shutting down while you're testing, just
use:

     mythshutdown --lock

--
Bill