[mythtv-users] IR blaster recommendations?

jim jim_32766 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 8 19:28:23 UTC 2015

>> I wonder if anyone has any recommendations on IR blasters.  @#%#! cable
>> company (Rogers -- yes, everyone hates you) is encrypting everything.  I
>> need to control DTAs now.
>> Anyone want to make a recommendation?
> This kind of feedback is always scary. That said, I'm  a long time user
> of  iguanaIR [1] devices and they have never let me down.
>
> No hands-on experience myself, but I have also heard people successfully
> using the irtoy [2] and the tira [3] devices.
>
> All these, including me, have been using lirc.
>
> Cheers!
>
> --alec
>

> [1] http://www.iguanaworks.net/
> [2] http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/USB_Infrared_Toy
> [3] http://www.home-electro.com/products/tira-21

Another worth consideration is a transceiver made by Topseed and sold on
Amazon. It's advertised as a receiver but is really a transceiver.

http://www.amazon.com/USB-External-Infrared-Receiver-Cable/dp/B00J5NRWFO/ref=sr_1_19?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1423423247&sr=1-19&keywords=ir+receiver

Good luck,
Jim