[mythtv-users] asus memo pad 7

Phil Wild phil at holobyte.com.au
Sun Feb 8 17:43:58 UTC 2015

On 3 February 2015 at 01:09, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hoi All,
>>
>>  I just bought an Asus Memo pad 7. To play around and get to know
>>  something more about android. I guess I can install a frontend on
>>  there? Where do I then go?
>
> Personally, I haven't been all that thrilled with any of the Android
> frontends.  I've preferred to use MobileMyth
> (http://www.mobilemyth.net) to access the MythTV content, and MX
> Player for actual video playback.  For stuff that I plan to watch on
> Android, I'll transcode the video in advance, rather than relying on
> http live streaming.  It's a lot more responsive and easier to seek
> within the recording.
>
> Eric

I've tackled the Android/IOS devices kind of differently.
I have Plex Media Center installed on my mythtv server. It serves
content out that is not in mythtv and does an amazing job of it. But
you can also load a MythTV channel/plugin and share out your MythTV
recordings through Plex as well. It will list recording by title,
category, recording group, channel and recording date. It pulls the
info from the database.

The nice thing about it (besides streaming working very well) is that
you can sync your content. Plex will transcode it to your desired
quality setting and download it to your device for offline viewing.