[mythtv-users] Interlacing: Is this possible?

Phil Wild phil at holobyte.com.au
Sun Feb 8 07:52:31 UTC 2015

On 8 February 2015 at 05:55, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hoi Phil,
>
> Saturday, February 7, 2015, 7:08:36 PM, you wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
>
> > Can mythtv be configured to output exactly the same mode and rate as the
> > source.
> > I have it setup at the moment to set the rate to match the source
> > (outputting to a 1080p display)
>
> > I'd like mythtv to not upscale or deinterlace but rather, let the TV do
> > this work.
>
> > I'm running vaapi on a ECS LIVA
>
> > Playing with xrandr, I can manually set the TV to 1080i, or 720x576 etc,
> > but mythtv does not rescale the output to match and leaves the display at
> > the native 1920x1080..
>
> > xrandr reports the following
>
> > VGA1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
>
> > HDMI1 connected 720x576+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
> > 160mm x 90mm
>
> >    1920x1080      60.0 +   50.0     59.9     30.0     25.0     24.0
> > 30.0     24.0
>
> >    1920x1080i     60.1     50.0     60.0
>
> >    1280x720       60.0     50.0     59.9
>
> >    720x576        50.0*
>
> >    720x480        60.0     59.9
>
> >    640x480        60.0     59.9
>
> > DP1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
>
> > VIRTUAL1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
>

> > Cheers
>

> > Phil
>
> I'm not sure. The bigest question would be of the combination of video
> card and driver would do interlacing. The nouveau driver for instance
> can't. But as you have tried that...
> Try in the frontend configuration disabling 'Use GUI size for TV
> playback' in the screen settings page and enabling 'separate video
> modes for GUI and video playback' on the next page.
> The later lets you set all kind of overide video modes.

Thanks

I think I know what you mention here. In my setup, it is not a next
page though, it is a subsection of the page and I have three rows
where I can manually set a video output for each input resolution.

I entered three different resolutions and set the output resolution to
match the input resolution on each of the lines as well as setting the
rate to auto.

When selecting a source that is standard definition, the screen blanks
for a second or two and then comes up with a zoomed display. If I
bring up the info window on the TV (TV option) I can see that mythtv
is sending the correct resolution to the TV, but it looks like mythtv
is only sending a zoomed in section of the screen (i.e. It is still
upscaling to 1920x1080 and is then sending a section of the screen to
the TV).

Exiting the source switches back to 1920x1080.

What else do I need to do?

Cheers

Phil