[mythtv-users] mythconverg

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 19:36:44 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 2:15 PM, Mike Hodson <mystica at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 4, 2015 12:09 PM, "Daryl McDonald" <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Thanks Mike MCC is mythbuntu control center.
> > Can you provide more step by step details on repairing all databases?
> >

> The reply qith MythTV's own script minutes ago by the other Mike would be
> the best place to start.  I tend to look at things in most systems from a
> more low level perspective of system administration and was not readily
> aware of that script.  Good to know about :)
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike and Mike, I ran the "optimize_mythdb.pl" much analysing and
repairing goin' on. It seems now that MCC has been eradicated too, maybe a
good thing because I was having problems with Mythexport, so How should I
verify a utile database backup? Prior to this mishap I had been checking
that the size of each new backup was bigger than the previous, and yet
corruption snuck in. Should I be using "optimize_mythdb.pl" on a regular
basis?   Daryl