[mythtv-users] MythTV on Raspberry PI 2...

Raymond Boettcher raymondboettcher at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 07:18:27 UTC 2015

> On 03/02/15 15:30, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
>>> I would expect someone would have to generate arm executables. Hmm how
>>> well does mingw support building arm binaries?
>>
>> Probably the bigger issue is that AFAIK Broadcom has never run Windows
>> 10 on any of their platforms.  Hence while the OS may run on it, who
>> knows what features are exposed in their video drivers?  It could very
>> well be just the frame buffer and OpenGL acceleration with no support
>> for hardware acceleration for video at all.
>>
> My admittedly brief reading of the announcement indicated that the video support
> was only rudimentary and was intended more for devices like LCD screens. i.e. > the RPi 2 would not be used as a general-purpose platform but more in the nature > of, say, a control unit in an elevator (lift) or a weighing machine for
> supermarket vegetables.
Yeahhhh, I guess it could be used for that but that really would be a waste of resources.  Maybe one of the original Pi's would be good for that.  Elevator Lifts and Scales are best done with $10 Microcontrollers and are really stable.  Back in the day Elevator's used "Relay Logic" to control the Elevator using Latching Relay's etc.  It wasn't until more modern days that they converted the Relay Logic Boards over to Micro controllers.  Even scales don't need computers, just a precisely calibrated spring that offers x around of resistance.  I still walk into wal-mart and find hanging scales that are spring controlled, no electronics at all.  You should do some research...  Here, let me help you with that....
Latching Relay Logic usage with Elevators (No computers at all).https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7SuHDmuVUk

PS1 Emulator on RPI 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hELEjuWGNFY

Quake 3 Demo on the Original RPIhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_mDuJuvZjI

OpenELEC XBMC with HDHomeRun Prime on the Original Raspberry Pi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKpqmkpkyOA
  XBMC, in the last video, shows proof of concept.  In that video they are accessing the HDHomerun Live and not with a recorded show.  XBMC has no recording ability, however it does have a layer that can handle access to PVR Software (Mythbackend being one of them).  However, you still need Mythfrontend if you want to adjust schedules, delete recordings, etc.