[mythtv-users] DB restore

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 04:50:01 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 8:24 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/02/2015 06:14 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> >   daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ sudo ls -ld /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg/
> settings.MYD
>
>  -rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 0 Feb  2 04:15 /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg/
>> settings.MYD
>>

> That explains why your BE log is showing problems SELECTing settings, the
> file is empty. Mine, for example, is 74196 bytes.
>
> Why the file has 0 bytes is another question (that I can't answer.) You
> could
> check: /var/log/mysql/error.log for hints.
>
> You didn't move your DB somewhere else during you disk changes last year
> did
> you. Another question only you can answer. Were symbolic links involved.
>
> The good news is that the mysql DB at least has the information that
> allows you
> to login using the maintenance password. I'd try checking mythconverg. But
> use
> the mythtv password. You should see if this works:
>
> 1st, get your mythtv password:
>
>     grep Password ~mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml
>
> Then analyze the DB:
>
>     mysqlanalyze -u mythtv -p -h localhost mythconverg
>
> If that doesn't work:
>
>     sudo mysqlanalyze --defaults-extra-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf
> mythconverg
>
> The output will (should) be long, so please use a pastebin.
>
> I would not use rsync to restore the root partition unless there's some
> evidence of missing files in /.
>

> --
> Bill

There was definitely something corrupting my database, what got me going
again was restoring a database from a few months ago, now I have
mega-multiple orphans to deal with. The question now is will any of the
testing you've suggested be of any value, with the old database in place?
Thanks Bill, Daryl