[mythtv-users] MythTV on Raspberry PI 2...

Jason Sullivan jason0x21 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 20:58:11 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 3:45 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 8:27 PM, Jason Sullivan <jason0x21 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ... Is it just a matter....
>
> Excellent.  Another individual suggesting they will be contributing
> a MythTV feature patch.  Perhaps you and Nick should work
> together on the patch (to avoid duplicate effort).
>
> Or do you mean "is it just a matter" of a skilled someone
> ELSE (re)factoring some code with a completely different set
> of presumptions and internal APIs to write some complicated
> code?

Granted, my question was based on a variety of assumptions around not
only the MythTV internals, but the OpenMAX API itself, and we all know
what happens when one makes assumptions. My "just a matter" question
derives from an assumption that there's a clear and well-defined and
documented "play video" API within MythTV itself.  It's entirely
possible that's not the case.  Clearly if it was simple it would have
been done by now (although that doesn't have to be true).

Perhaps my questions would be better directed after a glance at the source.

--
Jason Sullivan
jason0x21 at gmail.com