[mythtv-users] MythTV on Raspberry PI 2...

Timothy Krantz tkrantz at stahurabrenner.com
Mon Feb 2 19:50:21 UTC 2015

Now, all of that being said, I can’t find anything that implies that any of the Raspberry Pi devices has an y VDPAU or VAAPI implementation.  Without that I *doubt* that the processor is going to be able to do acceptable playback, bt I don’t know.

Tim

There was an extra license file you had to purchase to make use of the H.264 decompression built into the GPU. I purchased it and ran Raspbmc, and had no problem with my 1080p Blu-Ray rips. The GPU has enough grunt to play back HD recordings just fine; I just don't know if anybody has implemented the use of the GPU for Myth recordings, or if we'd need to encode all of our recordings in H.264 ahead of time.

As I said, unless someone impements VDPAU or VAAPI for the PI GPU I don’t think mythfrontend will run on it…

Tim