[mythtv-users] DB restore

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 17:34:07 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 12:22 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/02/2015 10:41 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> > After trying the suggestion from ASN I opened myth FE saw the olive green
>
>> and in an attempt to avoid the select country unexitable cycle I hit
>> escape, which cause ony the olive color (full screen) to flash in one
>> second intervals and after closing all other open apps I did a hard
>> restart
>> and it would not boot so I had to power down hard manually. After about an
>> hour it is now booted up and I have not opened myth FE yet and it has not
>> shut down automatically so I assume I still have a problem BE should shut
>> down after 15 mins. please help!   TIA  Daryl
>>

> For the 'not shutting down' case, 1st, I'd see if the backend is running:
>
>     status mythtv-backend
>
> Expect to see something like: mythtv-backend start/running, process 3149
>
> Then, look at mythbackend.log (or pastebin the contents of the
> latest run and add the link to the pastebin here. Maybe someone
> will spot an error.
>
> --
> Bill

 daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$  status mythtv-backend
status: Unknown job: mythtv-backend
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$

I've been looking at the logs, a short log only shows all errors at current
time, here is a full backend log; Feb. 1st all is well even into an early
am recording on the 2nd, thanks for looking into this Bill.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/10018775/