[mythtv-users] one specific channel does not seek correctly

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 10:26:25 UTC 2015

Hoi Tim,

Thursday, December 31, 2015, 10:58:41 AM, you wrote:

> Hey all,

> The UK 4Seven channel does not skip(+30sec) or ffwd correctly on my
> setup. what happens is on recorded shows, skipping or ffwd will
> result in the video&audio jumping back about 3 minutes even though
> the timing position bar at the bottom is not showing this jump (it's progressing correctly).

> All other channels are ok and skip as expected. I'm running
> fixes/0.27.4 and last updated about a week ago so fairly recent code.

> I've tried a full re-scan on my DVB-S2 tuner where 4Seven is obtained from, but no success.

> there is no DB problems based on mythweb.

Try what rebuilding the seektables for such a failing recording does.
As I understood when I had similar problems it could have to do with
variable framerate or so making the on the fly seektable creation
fail.

mythcommflag --rebuild -f <FileName>
or if you create it as a job:
mythcommflag --rebuild -j %JOBID% -V %VERBOSELEVEL%

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop