[mythtv-users] Mythtv screensaver behaviour

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 31 10:09:08 UTC 2015

On 31 December 2015 at 09:57, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> On 31 Dec 2015, at 7:07 pm, Another Sillyname <anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Helen
>>
> ...snip....
>>
>> Surely getting the app to work the same way as another GPL app does
>> shouldn't be too hard?
>>
>> Regards and happy New Year.
>>
>> Tony

Mark

Thanks for your smarmy and disdaining non contribution.

I have not had a pop at the devs, however have asked a perfectly
reasonable and fair question.

Given I have been running mythtv for nie on 10 years I'm fully aware
of the contribution and effort the devs undertake, although not a
coder myself (although I have hacked around and fixed stuff and
contributed many times on this list) I think it perfectly valid point
to raise that at the moment the screensaver functionality is not
working as desired and as there's another GPL program out there with
similar functionality it's a fixable problem.

Of course, as users we could all shut up and just take what we're
given.....but that wouldn't be terribly constructive now would it.

I hope the New Year brings you all that you deserve.

Regards