[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers

rob e redgerhoo at yahoo.com.au
Thu Dec 31 06:36:30 UTC 2015

firstly, thanks Lawrence for all your hard work ... it's really coming
along nicely, I managed to install Myth 27 on the latest Raspbian-Jessie
(installed via noobs)

On trying the build, I found that the UI worked well and most files
played. It even played quite well from an X session

I also found that -
- The only "passthrough" to HDMI that would work was Stereo, and neither
DTS nor AC3 would pass through.
   I tried OpenMax and Alsa. OpenMax wouldn't play at all and Alsa would
play as simple Stereo but not 5.1 and not DTS or AC3
   OpenMax and Alsa would play test sounds as 5.1 and/or DTS/AC3 ... but
it was highly distorted and no sound playing content
    My receiver can process both DTS and AC3 (but not HD variants)
successfully eg. from Myth on a PC, Chromebox, Nuc, and from Kodi on a Pi
- FLV files would not play (probably just need some codecs)
- Building of video lists in Video section is really really slow, not
sure what's happening there

Is there any useful debug / further information I could supply ?